Converging Interests in Fabric

It feels good to return at the day end to my sewing and quilting. I adjust the music sound level and I zone into my stitching. I take a deep breath and plunge in. 


I'm not alone with hearing from all of you.



But I did take a wee fork in the road of "Scrappy Dresden Quilt" and I've made a decision to agree with the comments around choosing a color scheme for the background sashing of this quilt.



As I pulled the blue selection I could choose from, I found fabric yardage discrepancies and decided the earlier layout of Scrappy Dresden Quilt required a wee adjustment to "more scrappy is better."



You can see the change I've made.



And of course, I have some new crazy quilted cushions coming along with a new bit of a slant on crazy quilting.


It was quite by accident that I decided to move into placing 2.5 in squares I purchased from a lovely UVIC student who was so sweet to help me find her using our phones on that university campus.


I'm teaching a new class with the TheMakehouse.ca in Victoria next spring. so these cute little pincushions are for the students in my upcoming class.


This where I am this Wednesday morning with a full day of "Me" time ahead of me, its Yahoo! from the sewing room.


In the photo below, you're seeing the first draft of layout and fabric color schemes in place.




The most liked blue fabric from my stash was lacking enough yardage to do the whole sash for this quilt, so I went on to find another color that would work with both areas in the following photo.



Now, remember this new layout means I was able to find enough of great fabric choices to achieve where I'm going with this quilt.

Its more scrappy! I like that!

I did choose the blue background and green background for the outer dark areas as seen in the photo above.



So I'm done cutting the fabric, my back does not like lots of slightly bent at the waist kind of standing. I break it up with pressing fabric in preparation of more cutting.

Then I learning to break it up and do some stretching too!

The sash corner fabric is a bright sunny print designed by Dana Brooks of My Lazy Daisy of from Henry Glass & Co. fabric that I purchased just this summer with EPP in mind, but its very cheerful with the other prints to form this scrappy Dresden quilt.

And last but not least, I meeting with the ladies I attended a January Quilt retreat with last year. I'll keep you posted on that too.

Happy Quilting!



Comments

  1. That looks so great! I am lloking Forward to see it come alive!
    And thank you so much for leaving sweet comments on my blog. Hugs, Martina

    ReplyDelete
  2. The design is looking good Caroline.... looking forward to seeing the real thing! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your design is coming along well and I love the little pincushions for your students.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!
I think its neat when other's feel compelled to write a comment. I check on notifications frequently. If you are a no-reply commenter, please leave an email address if you wish to hear back from me directly.

Popular posts from this blog

Hexie Quilt Top WIP

Sashiko Sockeye Bowls

A little bit of stitching...