Circle Sharing for Quilty 365

I've been very busy these days and another fun project is coming along- my circles!



I'm just not staying with the exact version of a circle.


I am going to other versions of circles and I love the idea that someone else is doing this kind of free form circles in this Quilty 365 from Kaja of Sew Slowly Blog.


I'm even mining all my photos not previously shown online.

I am thinking about even photos into circles and placed in the quilt. I'm not sure on all parts of free form I'm leaning toward. I hesitate long enough to sleep on it.


This family photo from decades ago show the potential.


Even the simple wagon wheel goes doesn't it?


This can easily be made into a circle right?


Check out the patterns of circle quilts at Geta Gama.

And you can see her almost daily post at her blog.


The resulting quilt of your own ideas can be really special and why not make more quilts of your own design?

Taking risks and leaving yourself the freedom to explore ideas is the spice of quilting.



Happy Quilting!




Comments

  1. I love all your circles! Great mix and inventive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janie, I've been having fun and that's all that matters!

      Delete
  2. You have a great range of ideas for circles - very inventive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kaja! I love hand piecing, hand embroidery, hand stitching, hand quilting, you name it and while circles look easy, but they are not simple! Havin good fun with it all as its a nice relief from plannng, editing and reediting my book.

      Delete
  3. I've seen a few 'circle' posts around the blog world and it's fun to see the different interpretations that are happening. Yours are fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary Anne, thanks for popping in, my blog has been a wee lonely lately, but life demands my full attention elsewhere.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!
I think its neat when other's feel compelled to write a comment. I check on notifications frequently. If you are a no-reply commenter, please leave an email address if you wish to hear back from me directly.

Popular posts from this blog

Hexie Quilt Top WIP

Sashiko Sockeye Bowls

A little bit of stitching...