Cultural Fusion Quilts blocks of Rail Fence

I think my readers will really enjoy seeing this whole layout and see what can be done when making custom quilts. I would love to do a workshop on using this book. Sujata's way of describing her process is really like sitting beside  her.


I found this version twist of the Rail Fence really exciting. I love to play with fabric in new and interesting ways, mostly this happens when I'm experiencing a happy diversion.


I used the Rail Fence blocks from |Cultural Fusion Quilts" book by Sujata Shah in a commission quilt. I used the method from this book to create what I thought of as water flowing over the whole quilt, in the full view you'll see what I mean.


This next photo displays how in my mind these blocks can behave int his manner for a memorial quilt for someone who lived  beside a river all his life would want.


This block is also very interesting if you use blocks from two color sets. 







These last two blocks of grey/white fabric prints doesn't really stand out as much as the other blocks, I think they invoke a calmness that Sujata enjoyed in these blocks.




I will make many more quilts from this one book. I call that a bargain.

Happy Quilting everyone!


Carli





Comments

  1. I love how you've incorporated Sujata's idea into a memory quilt. The colours and prints you've used are right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!
I think its neat when other's feel compelled to write a comment. I check on notifications frequently. If you are a no-reply commenter, please leave an email address if you wish to hear back from me directly.

Popular posts from this blog

Hexie Quilt Top WIP

Sashiko Sockeye Bowls

A little bit of stitching...