Denim Hourglass Finish

It was a hard choice to make, deciding to go with Hourglass Baby Quilt pattern done with Sujata Shah's versions of craziness in piecing. I've used her book, Cultural Fusion Quilts- A Melting Pot of Traditions. I totally recommend it if you are looking for a way to make your own original looking quilt.

This book is to provide quilters with reasonable guidelines for those wanting to explore playing with fabric.

This baby quilt is by far the most interesting version of a baby quilt in my opinion. I'm always seeking something inspiring in a pattern. I see lots of new versions of blocks from this book which anyone can play with and it will not look just like Sujata's, it will be your own.


I chose to use lightweight denim with 100% cotton prints from Dr. Suess collection from Robert Koffman



I love the free spirited way these blocks go together and hoping that my family will like its modern way.


This little quilt was hand quilted with #5 Perle Cotton thread in white. I outlined each denim and navy cotton fabric and quilted one single line of stitches around the border.


The backing is an additional Dr. Suess print, very kid enthused!


Ta da, this is Burkley's Baby Quilt.

I'll be mailing this off to my grand nephew this next week. 

Coming up next is my Dresden Plate Block UFO.

Happy Quilting everyone and today I'm linking up with SewDarnCrafty



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hexie Quilt Top WIP

Sashiko Sockeye Bowls

A little bit of stitching...