Midnight at the Oasis- The Final Link Up

I have just loved this process of a quilt along and I've learned the challenges of keeping up and going ahead. This pattern is so vibrant and it allows for your own creativity, I'll make more.


I love hand sewing, so the four center triangles were done by hand. I proceeded to the aqua sashing pieces to make the first square block. That took me about 1.5 months of on and off piecing.


I took the time to hand embroider some of the orange peel blocks and finished the rest with machine blanket stitch for texture and another little something. Then it was onto the flower border and all the fussy cutting and the corner blocks. I was really pleased with how it came out. I love the creative free spirit that Jen Kingwell offers up in her patterns.



Just before Christmas, I decided that I was running out of time to devote to this quilt along. I was overwhelmed with last minute Christmas gifts and I decided that the chevron border that I made earlier in the year for another quilt, would do just fine and now I love it. Now that we are at the end of the quilt along, I'll begin quilting it and will post on this later.
Fabrics and Flowers

Funny how things go and I love it that these fine ladies took on the quilt along, including the lovely Jess over at The Elven Garden and the lovely Sharon over at another great blog Fabric and Flowers who sent me an invite to link up with her progress on this gorgeous quilt. Then Sharon's Mom made an awesome version of this quilt here.

So thank you Jen, Jess and Sharon for organizing this link up!

Carli

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hexie Quilt Top WIP

Sashiko Sockeye Bowls

A little bit of stitching...